1. Check in with the Altar Coordinator at least 15 minutes before Mass begins.
2. Come up to the sanctuary after the "Sign of Peace."
3. At the sanctuary, apply hand sanitizer on the Credence Table before ministering the Bread or the Cup.
4. Bread Ministers stand on the North side of altar [North side of parish or the left side of Presider]. Cup Ministers stand to the south or the right to the priest.
5. Presider gives out Body [Bread] and Cup to respective ministers of the Bread and the Cup.
6. While looking eye to eye with a communicant, pick the Body of Christ and give it out with the words, "The Body of Christ." DO NOT hold it up "high" and say, "The Body of Christ." The idea is "to give out" as Jesus "gave," and so you must "dish out" and give instead of showing off the host as a showbiz.
7. When you are giving out Communion and are running out of host, NOTE that it is OK to break them in halves.
8. If a child or an adult comes for a blessing during Holy communion, please, trace the sign of the Cross on the forehead or place your hand on their head or shoulder and add a few words, for example: "God bless your day!"
9. When you drop a host, pick it up immediately and consume it. 10. THE CHOIR RECEIVES COMMUNION LAST; therefore, remember to stay to give communion to choir members after the congregation before giving ciborium back to Altar Coordinator.
NOTE: When distribution is complete, give your ciborium or Cup to the Altar Coordinator and return to your pew by coming down the side of the lectern with handrail - NOT BEHIND THE PRESIDER.
1. Your guidelines are similar to those of Bread Ministers.
2. Check in with the Altar Coordinator at least 15 minutes before Mass begins.
3. Come up to the sanctuary after the "Sign of Peace."
4. At the sanctuary, apply hand sanitizer on the Credence Table before ministering the Bread or the Cup.
5. Whilst in the sanctuary, Bread Ministers stand on the North side of the altar [North side of parish] or the left hand side of the Presider.
6. Whilst in the sanctuary, Cup Ministers stand on the South side of the altar [South side of the parish] or the right side of the Presider.
7. SATURDAYS - a CHALICE, TWO SACRED CUPS & TWO CUP MINISTERS, who stand on either side of Ministers of the Body. This includes three purificators.
8. SUNDAYS - CHALICE, FOUR SACRED CUPS & FOUR CUP MINISTERS, who stand on either side of Ministers of the Body. This includes five purificators.
9. Cup Ministers stand on the right side of Ministers of the Body.
10. After receiving the Cup from the priest, take your positions immediately on either side of Bread Ministers.
11. When distributing the cup to the communicant, look directly at the person and while handing the Cup to him or her say quite clearly "Blood of Christ"and wipe cup with Purificator after each communicant.
12. Altar Coordinator will give you a purificator. Please, DO NOT spread out the purificator as it soaks quicker than when folded. Leave purificator as is for a greater absorption as you wipe and turn Cup after each communicant.
13. When you spill consecrated wine on the floor, place a PURIFICATOR over it and reposition yourself so that no one walks on the consecrated wine. Ask an altar server to bring you a new purificator from the sacristy. Total clean up will take place soon after the Mass.